Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Coffee and Conversation

Yesterday I was scanning my wish list and realized most of the pre-orders have now been released or will be in the next few weeks. I'm really excited for a few of these books such as the new Victoria Dahl trilogy (Talk Me Down, Start Me Up and Lead Me On) Tumbleweeds came out today as well as the second book in The Taker trilogy The Reckoning. I still have to read The Taker, it's been in my TBR since Mother's day. I think I'm going to make that my next read.

So I'm in this happy booky euphoric state. There are so many good books coming out and so many in my TBR pile, I don't know where to start. I just want to sit in my library and read them all.

I also came across a new book by author Sylvia Day, whom I had never read. The book is called Bared to You and is the first in a trilogy.

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart..


I am curious about this book and also some of the chatter I've read on other sites. Can this be the Fifty Shades for those of us that enjoy a well-written romance and hold the BDSM? I've really wanted to find a book somewhat similar but without the condescension and bad writing that is rampant in 50, if I've found it, I'll be sure to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment