Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Outlander Challenge 2013



I know it's a little late to be posting a challenge but I haven't seen anyone else hosting an Outlander challenge and I would really love to do it!

2013 will see the release of Book Eight in the Outlander series, Written in My Own Heart's Blood. Die hard fans like me are sure to be re-reading all of the past books in anticipation of the new release (no date yet, expected Fall 2013). Hopefully there will be many more readers who discover and fall in love with the series for the first time as well.

Some guidelines:

* Challenge runs from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013

* Goal is to read all of the Outlander novels as well as the Lord John Grey novels.

* All book formats are accepted: Bound, e-Book, Audio.

* Anyone is welcome to participate, you do not need a blog to sign up. Those without a blog can post reviews to Goodreads, Amazon etc.

* Each month simply link up your name and review(s) to Mister Linky I will post every month. **Please link directly to the review, not your blog**

Level 1: 1-4 books
Level2: 5-8 books
Level 3:9-11 books
Level 4: All 12 books

Outlander Books include: Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes and An Echo in the Bone. * Written in My Own Heart's Blood is being included**

Lord John Grey books include: Lord John and the Private Matter, Lord John and the Hand of Devils, Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade and The Scottish Prisoner. 

*To join the challenge write a post about it, grab the badge and sign up with Mr. Linky with a link to your post. If you don't have a blog, just sign up with your name or leave a comment.




22 comments:

  1. Glad to see this! And thanks for letting me know about it. I'll spread the word. :-)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Thank you! It's going to be a good year for all Outlander fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may not start reading the books until spring - that is, if I can hold off that long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne,

    Thanks for signing up! I don't think I can make it that long (especially since I'm reading Drums now).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just finished the 7 books for the 2nd times and I will start from the beginning again....love all the Outlander series! I haven't read the Lord John books, guess I'll have to do that now...someone please explain how you get a url and all in great detail for us that weren't raised in the computer age please!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrol,

    The Url is for your blog/blog post on the Challenge. If you do not have a blog, you can still participate by commenting on the post (which you have). Consider yourself signed up and thank you for participating!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm excited to participate this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Very happy to have found this challenge. Thanks for the opportunity...I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen....I have change my blog, so I am listed twice. (Yes I am a silly girl or I am over 50 and blonde). The correct blog is list on 11. Patrica Carney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    Thanks for signing up, I'll fix that now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a huge Outlander fan, but I don't think I'll have time for a re-read this year! Looking forward to reading everyone else's reviews though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for checking it out Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for even more incentive to re-read them ALL , as if I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only recently found this page, LOVE the books that I have read. Been wanting to read the whole series in order, so now I have incentive to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently started re-reading the Outlander books, after buying The Scottish Prisoner second hand. I'm on Dragonfly now and trying to remember there are other things to life than keeping up with Claire and Jamie. I also just discovered that a good friend likes the series too - it's a small world. Good luck with your challenge - all this url and Mr Linky stuff is too complicated for me - I'll just read the books and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been re-reading not knowing about the challenge because of the new book coming. I am presently in the middle of Voyager. It is as awesome as it was the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please ignore #13...computer froze, misspelled my name and would not let me leave a comment. If possible please remove that number ... Hi! I am Annie and a confirmed Outlander GEEK! I always reread with each new book ... getting started a bit late, but I am always up for a challenge. Recently finished all The Lord Johns, but will read again if time permits...my focus is on Claire & Jamie ... will be lost in their whirlwind until the new book is out. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgetful these days...follow me on twitter @texasstarkeeper and look for my website http://www.anniestexasmusings.com Info regarding the challenge will be posted both places.

      Delete
  19. Yes, I am way in! I post my varied book reads on goodreads Ruth Mills In Iowa

    ReplyDelete