Saturday, June 2, 2012

Coffee and Conversation

Oh, the Places You'll Go!June marks the beginning of graduation season. It's a whirlwind of ceremonies and parties. If you have a special someone in the graduating class, here is a great idea I picked up at a Mommy and Me class.

Every June, I notice the book stores are packing a lot of extra copies of Dr. Seuss' Oh the Places You'll Go. It has become a popular gift to give graduates, from children to adults. It encourages grads to believe in themselves and all they can accomplish.

Instead of giving them just the book, pick up a copy for your son, daughter, niece or nephew (or any other special someone) and mark the book with their accomplishments throughout the years. From walking to talking, getting their first A or winning a competition.

I've started one for my son and when my nephew was born, I gave my sister a copy as well. It's a great way to journal all of the wonderful things they will do (or have done) and what a great present to give someone - to show them all they have accomplished and your belief in all they will accomplish. (And get a little weepy in the process, as I am now).

Happy Reading and Happy Graduation to all of the new graduates out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment