Monday, June 25, 2012

Coffee and Conversation

I just have to say WOW. This weekend has been an incredible one for my blog. I joined Book Blogs in order to network my blog and meet other bloggers. What a result! I now have a ton of new followers and I have found a bunch of great blogs this weekend. I hope this will lead to new friendships as well.

Even more exciting than that is I've had a couple of authors ask me to read their books in exchange for reviews. I've already received a novel by M.C.V. Egan, The Bridge of Deaths. I'm really excited to read it, it sounds like a great book. Here is the synopsis from Ms. Egan's site, which you can visit here:


The Bridge of Deaths
What happens in the moments leading up to disaster? "The Bridge of Deaths" follows the story of a true life event of a plane crash shortly before World War II of an international meeting of many individuals. Compiling a work of intrigue based on those who lost their lives and what they may have been seeking.

Join Bill and Maggie in 2010 London as through their love and curiosity they unravel the secrets from known and little known events in the 1930s. Journey to Denmark on August 15th 1939, at the brink of World War II where a British Airways LTD airplane crashed and sunk. Five deaths were reported: two Standard Oil of New Jersey employees, a German Corporate Lawyer, an English member of Parliament, and a crew member for the airline. The reader walks away with his/her ultimate conclusions. "The Bridge of Deaths' is an unusual yet much recommended read.

I also received a very nice note from another author here. Dick Hannah wrote Toe the Line, a mystery/thriller focused on racing and triathalons and has asked me to read/review his novel. You can check Dick's blog here for more info. on his book and other good stuff. Here is Dick's synopsis:

In Toe the Line, small business owner and triathlete, Wynn Johnston, finds his ordered, predictable life thrown into turmoil when his training and business partner, Wheeler, is murdered in the seemingly safe confines of the Seattle airport. As Wynn begins to dig into Wheeler’s past he finds out that his best friend was involved in a racing conspiracy that puts Wynn’s business and his life in danger. Wheeler’s murder forces Wynn to confront deceptive fellow racers, the potential bankruptcy of his business, and past loves he thought long dead, all while avoiding the murderer who is hunting him across Seattle.


In addition to all of that ( I know I can't believe there is more either), I joined NetGalley, which gives me the opportunity to sign up to receive galleys (or advanced readers copies) of books before they hit stores in order to read and review. I have already received two electronic novels by romance author Barbara Freethy, Just a Wish Away and A Secret Wish.


I cannot begin to say how grateful I am for the wonderful new connections I've made this weekend and the authors who have asked me to write reviews of their novels. I am beyond thrilled and looking forward to reading new authors, discovering wonderful new books and making new friends along the way. Thank you all and happy reading!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen! Great blog! I'm now a follower. Thanks for following me! I don't know if you're into middle grade fantasy, but I'd love for you to review my book, The deliverers: Sharky and the Jewel. I'll look around here and send you an email.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    http://thedelivererssharkeyandthejewel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete