Friday, July 6, 2012

Lucky in Love


Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
Mallory Quinn is the good girl of Lucky Harbor. Ty Garrison is the mysterious cute guy of Lucky Harbor.

Lucky in Love is the fourth installation in the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. This book sets up a new trilogy with Mallory and fellow chocoholics Amy and Grace. Stranded together while a snowstorm rages outside of the local diner, Mallory and friends bond over chocolate cake. When a hurt Ty Garrison appears outside of the diner, Mallory helps to stabilize him (after conking him on the head with an Iphone). As they are waiting for help, Amy tells Ty he can re-pay Mallory by being her date to the upcoming Lucky Harbor Charity Auction.

After Ty helps her out at the charity, Mallory decides she needs a break from being the good girl, she just wants to do something for herself. She knows Ty is all wrong for her but she decides to have fun while it lasts.

Ty is leaving town as soon as he is healed and gets the all clear from Josh Scott, the Lucky Harbor doctor treating him. He’s not looking for a relationship, he wants to get out and get back to work. Mallory catches his eye and he finds himself delaying his departure and finding new things to love in Lucky Harbor (who wouldn’t, I want to live there myself).

I fell in love with Lucky Harbor with Shalvis’ Simply Irresistible and Maddie and Jax are still two of my ultimate favorite characters. I was a little disappointed there weren’t any of the sisters in this book but I love the new trio of women. The Chocoholics: Mallory, Grace and Amy.

Lucky in Love was everything I’ve come to love about Jill Shalvis. It has the perfect blend of wit, humor and romance with a dash of tension between the main characters. It’s what makes me rush out to the store on release day (or if I’m lucky, snag it on an early release) to devour in a matter of hours.

Did I mention I am in love with Lucky Harbor and all of the exceptional characters Shalvis has created? Mallory and Ty were two stand-out characters and I loved every minute of their story. Shalvis has the remarkable ability to make the reader care about each character she writes. The women are strong and relatable as an every woman. The men are tortured heroes who also happen to be smoking hot. Mallory and Ty are no exception, Shalvis has done it again. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next two in the series. At Last and Forever and a Day hit bookstores this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment