Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted here, which spotlights new books we are anticipating. 

The Shadowy Horses
I have loved both Susanna Kearsley books I have read, I actually have spaced them out to be able to better savor them. I'm still holding onto The Rose Garden figuring once it was read, I wouldn't have any more of her books to read. So when I saw a new book, I was justifiably thrilled. The Shadowy Horses will be released on October 1. 

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Verity Grey abandons her comfortable job at the British Museum to seek adventure on an archaeological dig in the wilds of Scotland. But when she arrives on site, she discovers that the excavation is being led by a discredited and eccentric old man who has forsaken scientific evidence. Instead, the entire team is following the word of a local boy who claims that he saw a ghostly Roman soldier in the fields.

As she becomes entangled in a subtle web of treachery and danger, Verity begins to believe that there is a Roman sentinel haunting the site. And he's there to do more than guard the bodies of his fallen comrades...


No comments:

Post a Comment