Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted here, which spotlights new books we are anticipating.

I've been reading John Sandford since I was a teenager, and I've never been disappointed in one of his books. A few years ago he started a new series as a crossover to his popular Prey series featuring Virgil Flowers. I loved Virgil in the Prey series and so far I am loving his solo role in his own series. Mad River will be the sixth Virgil book to date. Set to be released October 2nd, I can't wait to get my hands on this one.


Mad RiverSynopsis from Goodreads:

Bonnie and Clyde, they thought. And what’s-his-name, the sidekick. Three teenagers with dead-end lives, and chips on their shoulders, and guns.

The first person they killed was a highway patrolman. The second was a woman during a robbery. Then, hell, why not keep on going? As their crime spree cuts a swath through rural Minnesota, some of it captured on the killers’ cell phones and sent to a local television station, Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigator Virgil Flowers joins the growing army of cops trying to run them down. But even he doesn’t realize what’s about to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment