Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall Preview Volume I

I love the Fall. As I get older, I appreciate it more and more. I love the smells and the colors, the crispness in the air and the chance to bring the hoodies out of the closet. And Pumpkin Spice coffee is my addiction. Fall is also the time when a lot of really great books get released. This year I have a lot of pre-orders I can't wait to get my hands on.

Here's the first volume of books I can't wait to snuggle up with this Fall season:

The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

The Secret Keeper I have been in love with Kate Morton's works since first being introduced to The Forgotten Garden as a Book club pick a few years ago. Her writing is beautiful and whimsical, haunting and unforgettable. Her stories are rich in the past and evoke fairy tales. Her books are always favorites and I can't wait to get my hands on her newest. Due out in October.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
1959 England. Laurel Nicolson is sixteen years old, dreaming alone in her childhood tree house during a family celebration at their home, Green Acres Farm. She spies a stranger coming up the long road to the farm and then observes her mother, Dorothy, speaking to him. And then she witnesses a crime.

Fifty years later, Laurel is a successful and well-regarded actress, living in London. She returns to Green Acres for Dorothy’s ninetieth birthday and finds herself overwhelmed by memories and questions she has not thought about for decades. She decides to find out the truth about the events of that summer day and lay to rest her own feelings of guilt. One photograph, of her mother and a woman Laurel has never met, called Vivian, is her first clue.

The Secret Keeper explores longings and dreams, the lengths some people go to fulfill them, and the strange consequences they sometimes have. It is a story of lovers, friends, dreamers and schemers, play-acting and deception told against a backdrop of events that changed the world

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day 
Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)  Second book in the Crossfire trilogy, Reflected in You continues Eva and Gideon's story of damaged lovers. At first hesitant to pick up Bared to You since I hated Fifty Shades of Grey and not usually an erotic reader, I fell in love with Eva and Gideon and have been waiting for this book since devouring the first book. Beginning of October can't come fast enough.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
The hotly anticipated second book of the Crossfire Trilogy continues the sensual saga of Eva and Gideon that began inBared to You…the New York Times bestselling novel of “EROTIC ROMANCE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED” (Romance Novel News). Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession..

Mad River by John Sandford
Mad River I've been a huge fan of John Sandford's since I was a teenager and first discovered his Prey series featuring bad-ass detective Lucas Davenport. A few years ago, Sandford broke out the Virgil Flower's series, featuring, you guessed it, Virgil Flowers. Virgil was a character I loved from the Prey books and his series has been just as good and has the added benefit of me getting my hands on two Sandford books a year with Lucas's book coming out in the spring and Virgil's in the fall. Also due out in October.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Bonnie and Clyde, they thought. And what’s-his-name, the sidekick. Three teenagers with dead-end lives, and chips on their shoulders, and guns.

The first person they killed was a highway patrolman. The second was a woman during a robbery. Then, hell, why not keep on going? As their crime spree cuts a swath through rural Minnesota, some of it captured on the killers’ cell phones and sent to a local television station, Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigator Virgil Flowers joins the growing army of cops trying to run them down. But even he doesn’t realize what’s about to happen next.

The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts
The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro Trilogy, #3) Third book in the Inn Boonsboro trilogy, The Perfect Hope is my most anticipated in this series. Roberts has been building the story of Hope and Ryder since the first book, The Next Always and I can't wait to read their love story. This series has been really great and as much as I loved the Bridal Quartet, there is just something about the Montgomery boys that makes me love this series a little more. Due out in November.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
The Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother are breathing new life into the town of Boonsboro, Maryland, by restoring its historic hotel. And they’re finding their own lives revamped by love. This is Ryder’s story... Ryder is the hardest Montgomery brother to figure out — with a tough-as-nails outside and possibly nothing too soft underneath. He’s surly and unsociable, but when he straps on a tool belt, no woman can resist his sexy swagger. Except apparently Hope Beaumont, the innkeeper of his own Inn BoonsBoro. And though the Inn is running smoothly, thanks to Hope’s experience and unerring instincts, her big-city past is about to make an unwelcome — and embarrassing — appearance. Seeing Hope vulnerable stirs up Ryder’s emotions and makes him realize that while Hope may not be perfect, she just might be perfect for him...

3 comments:

  1. I just got the ARC for The Secret Keeper a few days ago. From Netgalley, in case you didn't see it on there. I was surprised I got approved because I don't have 1000+ followers. I noticed that on major release type books that if I put in a request on NetGalley when it first gets put up there, I'm more likely to get approved. (If you wanted to request it there. The worst they can say is, "No".) I'm saving it for a weekend so I can just relax, enjoy, and appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have just made my day! I'm logging in now to request it! Thank you for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me! I've followed you back :) Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete