Monday, September 24, 2012

Tea and Conversation

Happy Fall! I love this time of year for so many reasons but the one downside is the change of season inevitably brings the cold/flu season. My house has been a germ fest for a week now with Charlie and my nephew both down with colds. I've been fighting it for a few days and it finally got me. Of course I want to snuggle up with my book, a big cup of tea and chicken soup - which is not happening.

 I've been seriously neglecting Gone With The Wind and I feel like it is taking an incredibly long time to get through, (I haven't had a lot of time in the last few weeks to devote to reading) but I am really loving it. I've always loved the movie, and I think the book is amazingly good. There are things that are left out and Scarlett's POV lends even more depth to a wonderfully complex character.

 I'll be posting October's Book Club pick this week. I was thinking about making It  by Stephen King the selection to force me to read it. It's been sitting on my shelf since January but I've been too scared to read it, and if there's a month to be scared, October is the month. I have a couple others I'm throwing around too so I may chicken out.

What's everyone reading these days? Any good recommendations out there? Feel free to share!

Happy Reading everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment