Saturday, March 10, 2012

Romance Favorites

Today I'm thinking about love and romance. So I thought I would make a list of a few of my favorite romances with a great love story. These are strictly romance novels, I will post another list of greatest love stories at another time.
Here are a few of my favorites:


1. Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie One of the first romances I read, and one I constantly come back to. Phin is the standard I hold other leading men to.  The story is light and easy, the romance is steaming.
2. Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis My favorite new romance author. First in a trilogy, the characters of Maddie and Jax are a refreshing break from the cliched contemporaries. It's so much fun to watch them fall in love. Their struggles are internal, no big bad antagonist pulling them apart. 
3. Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts Set in Ireland, this is also part of a trilogy. What I love about this is the Irish fairy tale weaved into the plot. It gives the story a magical feel. And Sean's accent - hello. 
4. Paradise by Judith McNaught Sweeping saga of Meredith and Matthew. They fall in love as teenagers and circumstances pull them apart. When they meet as adults, neither is the same. They have to overcome the past to be happy in the future. 
5. Someone like you by Julie James - Julie James has knocked it out of the park for me with her novels. Jack is FBI, Cameron is an Assistant District Attorney. Both are strong, well-written characters. Watching them fight is almost as good as watching them fall in love.

1 comment: