Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Book Club Pick - October

My heart is racing and my palms are a little sweaty as I type this but I promised myself I would read It in the fall when it gets dark early so as to be properly scared. My Book Club selection this month is Stephen King's It. 

I bought It in February when I was on my Stephen King kick but every time I picked it up to read, I looked out my library window and saw the green electric box that sits across the street and I would imagine that psycho clown living in there and would be too afraid to read it. So this month, I'm facing my fears and reading It.  I really hate creepy clowns but it's daylight now so I can be brave and decide to read this, but come sundown I know I'm going to regret it.

It

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A promise made twenty-eight years ago calls seven adults to reunite in Derry, Maine, where as teenagers they battled an evil creature that preyed on the city's children. Unsure that their Losers Club had vanquished the creature all those years ago, the seven had vowed to return to Derry if IT should ever reappear. Now, children are being murdered again and their repressed memories of that summer return as they prepare to do battle with the monster lurking in Derry's sewers once more

No comments:

Post a Comment