Thursday, October 4, 2012

Coffee and Conversation

Well, I did it, I'm finally the owner of my very own Kindle! I'm excited to finally be able
to read ARC's and author submissions and not have to carry my laptop with me everywhere.

Still giving all my love to the printed word though. I've discovered for me the key to living in harmony with my book loving self is to use my Kindle for ARC's and author submissions and all others will be hard copies. In fact to balance out the Kindle, I just bought the new Dennis Lehane and John Sandford!

I'm breaking in the Kindle with the new Kate Morton, thanks to NetGalley! Perfect book to cozy up with on a cool Fall evening and test out the new toy!

Happy Reading!


5 comments:

  1. Exactly the same thing that I do. I have a kobo that I read free / review / tour books on, and I buy the authors I truly love in hardcopy. I just got a stack of lovely 'real' books for my brithday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my kindle. Living abroad (I'm in Hong Kong), it's really convenient as it's hard to get books here and if you can get them, they're twice as expensive! Still love a real book too though...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rose - it's a good plan. That's the best birthday present! Happy Birthday :)
    @Laura I'm just starting to navigate and I really like it. Hard copy will always be #1 to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're enjoying it! My boyfriend bought me mine for our anniversary last month and I'm loving it so far. Print copies will always be number 1 for me though. I do like the convenience of it, I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa,

    I am really enjoying it so far but I agree, print copies will always be number 1!

    ReplyDelete