Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Coffee and Conversation

On this dreary Tuesday, I can't stop thinking about Mariana by Susanna Kearsley. I finished it last night and haven't been able to stop re-playing various scenes over again. It was a beautiful story. The end left me bereft and I started writing my review last night only to stop and decide I needed to sleep on it. I literally popped out of bed this morning thinking "oh yeah, that does make sense now".

This is the second book I've read by Kearsley and I didn't think it was going to meet the high expectations I had after reading The Winter Sea but I am very happy to say it has, although I still rank The Winter Sea as my favorite, Mariana is not far behind.

It's a perfect book to snuggle up with on a rainy day (or any day), so I'm adding this to my favorite rainy day book list. I'll be posting a review next week since I already have this week's done (getting up ass early really pays off!). Click here to see some of Susanna Kearsley's titles. Happy Reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment