Saturday, May 26, 2012

Coffee and Conversation

I've been on a roll this week with reading. I got a lot of reading done and wrote reviews for most of them as well. I've always been a fast reader, but it's gotten harder with a family to keep my previous pace.
I guess it helps that the books I've read this week have all been engrossing and hard to put down, plus no new shows on (besides Revenge). 


I'm sitting here trying to decide what to read next and not knowing what I'm in the mood for. I've been on a historical fiction kick for awhile this year (really should have joined one of those challenges) and I feel like I need to mix it up a bit.

I'm leaning towards finishing The Stand. I was on a Stephen King binge in January after finishing the wildly awesome 11/22/63 and I was enjoying The Stand but I started reading it at the same time I launched this blog and felt pressured to get reviews out there so I put it aside - something I never do and I've cringed every time I think about it.

Yet I just feel like I'm in a funk this morning, I can't make up my mind. It could also be I haven't had enough coffee yet. I have a pile of TBR, but there are some I'm holding off reading for certain reasons and the others just aren't jumping out at me.

I'll stick with The Stand for now but I might have to throw in a Jill Mansell or the new Nora Roberts for something light and fun. So, what are you reading this weekend? Whatever it is, Happy Reading to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment